12.20.2015

The Future of Motorcycles

These past few days at my job, we have been having these discussions on the topic of electric motorcycles. I'm personally not a huge fan for many reasons. 

1. They are to quiet.
2. They don't look like a Real motorcycle, to Me.
3. They look to futuristic. 
4. They don't have a motor to look at and gaze upon.
5. They do not have a individualism look to them.
6. You can't romp threw the gears.
7. They make me think of a scooter.

I can keep going on and on but you get were I'm coming from. 

Just looking at a electric bike just makes a person go. Are we in 2050, where are the flying cars. 

To say that is also to say, this is the future of motorcycles unfortunately. Planet earth is a place of innovation and growth. As much as I can disagree with electric motorcycles and how quiet or weird they look, they will eventually dominate the roads. 

Being American and a Californian I am surrounded by change. To say this electric motorcycle bug is a fade and will eventually fall off would be me lying to myself. Look how much has changed in the past 10 years with technology, cell phones with video, cars driving by themselves, hoover boards, smart watches, smart refrigerators and etc. 

This day has not come for the electric bike to dominate the market yet, but when I does. I will definitely have my money properly invested and probably have a couple in my garage. Until then, here are a couple snaps of these interesting machines.  







No comments:

Post a Comment